Benefits for Woking
Some of the key benefits of our proposals include:
• 929 new homes for Woking, including 48 on-site affordable homes and a good proportion of family homes with high quality amenity space, including gardens and playspace.
• A new ‘green street’ on Goldsworth Road, providing a pedestrian-friendly link through to the west of the town.
• A new home for the York Road Project: Providing accommodation and support for anyone experiencing homelessness in Woking, designed in collaboration with the charity.
• A brand-new space for the Woking Railway Athletic Club (WRAC) that meets their specific requirements.
• Around 4,420sqm of public spaces, including a green, pedestrianised Goldsworth Road with green walls and new street trees - helping to deliver 916% increase in biodiversity across the site.
• 263 car spaces, including electric vehicle charging points and over 1,000 secure cycle spaces on site.
• New ground level uses including shops, cafes, play areas and flexible commercial units for local businesses, creating new jobs for the borough.
• £10m of funding for local services and infrastructure.