Benefits for Woking
• 965 new homes for Woking, including on-site affordable housing and a good proportion of family homes
• A new ‘green street’ on Goldsworth Road, providing a pedestrian-friendly link through to the west of the town.
• A new home for the York Road Project: Providing accommodation and support for anyone experiencing homelessness in Woking, designed in collaboration with the charity.
• A brand-new space for the Woking Railway Athletic Club (WRAC) that meets their specific requirements.
• Approx. 4,220sqm of public realm spaces; a significant uplift to existing public realm with the pedestrianisation of Goldsworth Road as well as approx. 1,400sqm of new public realm space.
• 263 car spaces, including electric vehicle charging points and over 1,000 secure cycle spaces on site.
• New ground level uses including shops, cafes, play areas and flexible commercial units for local businesses, creating new jobs for the borough.
• £1.93m of financial contributions to the HIF highway works and CIL and S106 contributions worth £9.2m.