Planning application now submitted
Our planning application has now been submitted to Woking Borough Council
We are delighted to say that our planning application for Goldsworth Road has now been submitted. You can see more details and pictures here and view the application documents on the council website here (if you would like to request an electronic copy of the full Environmental Statement, please email us).
Woking Borough Council will now consider the application before making a decision on whether to grant planning permission: we expect this to happen in the autumn.
Now the planning application has been submitted, Woking Council are interested in your views. We have been delighted by the very positive feedback we have received from many local residents during our public consultation and we hope you will support our plans to create new, green public space in Woking town centre, as well as much-needed new homes and community spaces.
As a reminder, our plans include:
- 965 new homes, including family homes and on-site affordable housing
- Pedestrianising the eastern end of Goldsworth Road to create a new, green landscaped public space - open to all and incorporating play, biodiverse planting, green walls and other sustainability measures alongside new pedestrian and cycle connections
- A new purpose-built facility for the York Road Project, designed in collaboration with the charity
- A replacement home for Woking Railway Athletic Club, ensuring a lasting legacy for the club, which is nearing its centenary.
- Flexible units to provide new shops, offices or community space
- A significant contribution to fund local infrastructure improvements