A new home for the York Road Project
The York Road Project exists to support people facing homelessness in the Borough of Woking. A single new building will be built for the charity providing accommodation (both emergency and longer term), an outreach provision supporting rough sleepers and people in insecure accommodation and a specialist day centre.
"The aim of the charity is and always will be to reduce the impact of homelessness on the individual and the wider community. The new premises will allow the charity to increase beds and specialist support in a first-class facility.”
Cath Stamper, Chief Executive,York Road Project
The new York Road Project facility will provide a number of important benefits:
• A pro-active day centre will provide the support needed to enable people to truly move away from the cycle of homelessness.
• Direct Access Assessment Accommodation for people who would otherwise be forced to sleep rough in the borough. Here they will access a bed, food, warmth and support from skilled staff.
• Longer term supported accommodation for people who are on the pathway away from homelessness. Clients will live in shared flats learning how to sustain their accommodation whilst being able to access reducing support.
• Affordable shared accommodation for those who no longer need support and who wish to access employment.
• First phase construction to ensure continuity of use.